1. in case you don’t know: the whole POINT of instagram isn’t to connect and share in an honest way with people. no! not at all! it’s to give the impression that you’re living a fun, super exciting, upbeat lifestyle and to make other people feel bad about themselves cuz you’re clearly BETTER & winning at life – even though you’re ACTUALLY probably secretly miserable and on the verge of killing yourself. just wanted to make that clear. now continue instagramming.
2. instead of using a tote bag, just carry your stuff around in a victoria’s secret, agent provocateur, or la perla shopping bag- depending on how high brow you are. although i truly feel that a victoria’s secret bag is the better choice because it’s more universal. it’s the McDonald’s of lingerie and will therefore make men objectify you much quicker because they will immediately identify the brand, start to wonder what’s in your bag & imagine you in a bra and undies. you’re welcome!
3. helvetica bold is so classic and simple. i really don’t see it going out of style. I just don’t.
4. hair serum? should you use it? i mean, if you have it… why wouldn’t you?!
5. please be mindful of gossiping. it actually has way more of a negative power than you know. you may think you’re ‘just venting’ or that you want to be entertaining, and it’s all you have to share… but gossiping about other people’s personal life matters not only affects/breaks the trust and respect between you and the persons whose personal life you’re sharing… but it also puts all that gossipy poison into the mind of someone else. someone else who may not even want to carry that stressful weight. so mind your mouth and don’t fucking gossip. that way you don’t have to worry the next day about whether or not people are mad at you/if the person you gossiped about found out and is pissed. NOT gossiping will make people feel safe with you. they’ll feel like you’re trustworthy, because you’re able to keep secrets. AND it will keep others from breaking out in hives from the emotional weight and stress you’ve dumped on them.
6. only have sex with guys in hotel rooms! personally, I’m gonna take my own advice on this because I’m SO sick of having to take down my dream catcher, vision board, and fashion mag collages that will almost definitely scare away any good guy!
7. please, more house parties!
8. friends don’t let friends get tubby. unless you’re morbidly obese. in which case, gettin ‘tubby’ is a step in the right direction. good for you tubster!
9. people fall into two categories: those who drive pt cruisers and those who have a kernel of self-awareness. #BabyBoot #MiniHearse #BadLook #SorryMom
10. please, no costume parties unless its Halloween!
For more ‘The Blind Leading The Blind’ click HERE
Follow me on instagram @imboycrazy
Follow me on twitter @imboycrazy
In lieu of Robin Williams suicide and a beautiful friend of mine’s 15yo little brother passing away on the same day… i’d like to post something i wrote several months back. originally it was titled ‘things to keep you from killing yourself’. now, with everything that’s just happened, that title sounds a bit harsh… but i think it might help with those who are struggling. really it was written as a reminder to myself.
things to keep you from killing yourself:
if you’re already at such a low point emotionally that you want to take your own life, you’re actually in an ideal position. you’re so low, you have nothing to lose. and because of that, now is the time you should most definitely NOT KILL YOURSELF. let me explain:
yes, you feel hopeless and in pain; but feeling the way you feel resets you, it puts you at ground zero. now you can start over from a place of ‘i don’t give a fuck’ (and that’s a very powerful place to be) ‘…cuz i can’t get any lower, but i’ll be damned if i’m gonna let everyone else win by being stronger than me and going on, while I take my own life and then am not even able to hover over my own funeral like you imagine you’ll be able to and inevitably witness the world just keep on going before my dead body’s even cold - after a few fb/instagram likes regarding my death and sobs that will be forgotten in less than a week.’ no fucking way. this mood is a blessing. let it serve you and rebirth you and make you stronger – ALIVE and stronger.
but first things first, in order to pull yourself out of the deep vortex that is your mood, you must grab a life raft before you get sucked into making an irreversible decision. it’s now your job to do everything in your power to bring yourself immediate happiness (except kill, harm, or put others/yourself in danger). now is the time to eat pizza without worrying about what it might do to your figure (after all, a moment ago, you were gonna off yourself – so why worry about your figure?), go shopping, get your hair dramatically altered, be brave while not giving a fuck what anyone may or may not think of you. Sing in public, write, sky dive, walk, get drunk (but uber it), wear lipstick you’ve always been too afraid to wear, write your dad or mom or ex or whoever a disarmingly honest letter saying all the things you’ve always wanted to say.
but don’t you dare kill yourself!
FUCK everyone else. FUCK everything. Just get a slice of pizza, and take a moment to watch the world. you need not say or do anything. just BE. that’s enough. truly. your presence is affecting someone in a positive way without you even realizing it. i swear to god. even if you don’t believe in god. i swear. people notice you, even if you feel invisible. you make an impact, a ripple, a difference. so just take a moment, be quiet, and breathe. be kind to yourself. stop the constant chatter in your head, WITHOUT STICKING A GUN IN YOUR MOUTH. stop worrying. everything is ok, really. it will be. it’s just how you consciously decide to react to life. everything is a choice. so choose to live cooler, and happier, and less frantic, and bogged down, and stressed. it’s not all so serious. but hang in there to find that out and experience all the fun stuff you might not see right now, but i promise is around the corner.
write a list of what you like about yourself. it’s also ok to think you’re beautiful, even though for some reason we live in a culture where we think we’re supposed to brush off compliments and only say bad things about ourselves: ‘we’re ugly, dumb, weird, fat, imperfect, blah blah blah.’ fuck all that. what’s ‘perfect’? you’re beautiful. you’re allowed to exist. you’re allowed to like yourself. it’s not conceited. it’s just the truth. fuck sarcasm. be nice. i wish everyone would just be nice. people are nice. but it starts with you. be nice to yourself.
write a list of all the things you’ve been too terrified and intimidated to try/see/do because you don’t think you’re capable. you are. and even if you aren’t, who cares? it’s not worth killing yourself over. write a list of places you want to travel to. write a list of all the boys/girls you have crushes on. write letters to people you hate for whatever reason and then burn those letters and let it go. start seeing a GOOD therapist who you feel you GEL with and is helpful and makes you feel safe and understood. start a blawg, don’t start a blawg, take photos, volunteer for kids and people less fortunate than you- because I promise you, they exist. and they’re still among the living; fighting for every breath and grateful for it. go on long walks, it’ll make your mood better. maybe go on an anti-depressant. maybe don’t. maybe cut out the bad toxic people in your ife, even if they come in the form of your family. most likely, they do. stop doing drugs and drinking, the come downs are horrible and are probably the reason you feel suicidal right now.
have protected sex, a lot. let a guy lick your pussy for a long time. don’t ask him to stop because you assume he doesn’t like it. that’s his problem. let him stop cuz he decides to stop. and if he stops sooner than you’d like him to, push his head back down there. learn how to give the best blow job in the world. masturbate. listen to audiobooks read by the author. it really makes a difference when the audiobook is read by the author. masturbate WHILE listening to an audiobook read by the author. take an epsom salt bath. go to the beach, it’s like one HUGE epsom salt bath! realize that even if you lost your home and all your possessions, you’d be ok. you could get a job at mcdonald’s, target, or starbux (i’m sorry these places come to mind when i’m describing hitting rock bottom.) be nice to people just cuz. get a job at urban o, or american ap – wherever the bustling street is that has a melrose vibe in the city you live in. see bands play. go on dates. watch all the mindless shows on e and bravo; it’s like drinking 3 martini’s and being clobbered over the head with a boot- which just might shake you out of this funk. get a kitten or a puppy; as long as it’s not to eat and you treat it lovingly. have faith that love is real and you WILL meet the next great love of your life. be excited about getting older – it means you survived.
i wrote this because when i was a teenager i was really moody. i did drugs (speed), tried to kill myself, and ended up in a coma for 2 weeks. i’m so fucking thankful i woke up. i’m so fucking thankful i lived. but even all these years later, even though i don’t do drugs anymore- and for the most part, am a happy person, i still get sad/moody/and low sometimes. and it’s during those times i have to actively remind myself why living is awesome and that there’s no fucking reason to hurt myself ever again, and that there’s no fucking reason to take my (temporary) mood so far.
lately i’ve been reading about a lot of people who have taken their own lives. strangers. and when i realize how sad and affected i feel about these people i’ve never even met… it makes me think about how their families and friends and boyfriends or girlfriends or husbands or wives must feel. we’re all connected. we’re not alone. we all get sad, we all feel hopeless and helpless sometimes… but be strong. you matter too much to hurt yourself. even if you don’t know it, you do.
here’s a helpful quote i found via @_NealeDWalsch on twitter: “What a joy this life is, with all its sadness and pain, its tests and its obstacles. What a joy to be alive and experiencing all of it.”
if you wanna leave your own inspiring reasons for choosing to live, or want to share a personal story to help someone in turmoil please do so in the comment section.
Tonight: Join me, JD, and Channing during BOYCRAZY RADIO.
CALL US with all your questions/problems regarding:
sex, love, dating, relationships, life, JD, and Channing!
Dial 646 378-0649
or tweet us with your thoughts/questions/concerns
We’re looking forward to speaking to you!